Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm not sure if you're lucky enough to have met people like this. I know I have. You know how there are some people who are just so uplifting that when you are in their presence you feel like trying to be the best you can be. They somehow inspire you without doing or saying anything out of the ordinary, without any of those pseudo-inspirational platitudes or the catchy one-liners at those talks people go to. So yeah.. when I was doing the CNY baking with the church aunties last month that was the feeling I got. And I read somewhere (I think it should be celestine's blog) that you should surround yourself with people like that, rather than people who keep making you feel sapped.

And then suddenly I realised.. Good god! What if I'm the kinda person who's very draining myself!!!! Shucks man. Uhhh. So. My new mini-goal is go try to be like them. Those uplifting aunties. I know, I know. I'm really far from the goal and such. I can be whiny and sarcastic and tend to go on about the same few things. But.. I'll try. You know, the shit about aiming for the stars and even if you fail you land on the moon and such.

So.. I guess that's all for now. Tata.

*be inspired.. somehow*

1 comment: